As for the old one, here's what was in it.
1) Pleistocene beach deposits in Isabela, Puerto Rico
2) Illustration of the skull of a new dugongid taxon (more on this in 2014)
3) Portunid crab from the San Sebastian Formation
4) Cross-bedded sandstones of the San Sebastian Formation
5) Tooth of Physogaleus contortus from the Lares Limestone
6) Tooth of Hemipristis serra from the Juana Diaz Formation
7) Outcrop of the Lares Limestone along road 111 in San Sebastian, Puerto Rico
8) Illustration of the skull of Dugong dug on showing the muscle attachment sites, modified from Domning (1977)
9) Mandible of Nesophontes edithae, one of several extinct Pleistocene mammals from PR
Of course, feel free to guess where the pictures in the new banner were taken and leave your comments below. Good luck!!
Post a Comment